Police official murders Mexican mayor
Mexico City: The mayor of Aquila, a town in eastern Mexico, was gunned down by a police commander following a "heated argument", the Veracruz state Attorney General`s Office said.
Geronimo Manuel Garcia Rosas was shot early Monday by Adan Gonzalez Vega, who was arrested by Public Safety Secretariat officers, the AG`s office said.
The shooting occurred while the mayor and the municipal police department`s second-in-command "were in a meeting", the AG`s office said.
The two men began to argue and Gonzalez Vega drew his weapon and shot the mayor, who died while being treated at a hospital.
Aquila is a small town in western Veracruz that is home, according to the 2010 census, to 1,797 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic