Police official murders Mexican mayor
Mexico City: The mayor of Aquila, a town in eastern Mexico, was gunned down by a police commander following a "heated argument", the Veracruz state Attorney General`s Office said.
Geronimo Manuel Garcia Rosas was shot early Monday by Adan Gonzalez Vega, who was arrested by Public Safety Secretariat officers, the AG`s office said.
The shooting occurred while the mayor and the municipal police department`s second-in-command "were in a meeting", the AG`s office said.
The two men began to argue and Gonzalez Vega drew his weapon and shot the mayor, who died while being treated at a hospital.
Aquila is a small town in western Veracruz that is home, according to the 2010 census, to 1,797 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video