Police official murders Mexican mayor
Mexico City: The mayor of Aquila, a town in eastern Mexico, was gunned down by a police commander following a "heated argument", the Veracruz state Attorney General`s Office said.
Geronimo Manuel Garcia Rosas was shot early Monday by Adan Gonzalez Vega, who was arrested by Public Safety Secretariat officers, the AG`s office said.
The shooting occurred while the mayor and the municipal police department`s second-in-command "were in a meeting", the AG`s office said.
The two men began to argue and Gonzalez Vega drew his weapon and shot the mayor, who died while being treated at a hospital.
Aquila is a small town in western Veracruz that is home, according to the 2010 census, to 1,797 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arun Jaitley's non-participation in SAARC won't matter, says Pak minister — Know what he said
- Live cricket score, live streaming: 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan at Lord's
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail