Police official murders Mexican mayor
Mexico City: The mayor of Aquila, a town in eastern Mexico, was gunned down by a police commander following a "heated argument", the Veracruz state Attorney General`s Office said.
Geronimo Manuel Garcia Rosas was shot early Monday by Adan Gonzalez Vega, who was arrested by Public Safety Secretariat officers, the AG`s office said.
The shooting occurred while the mayor and the municipal police department`s second-in-command "were in a meeting", the AG`s office said.
The two men began to argue and Gonzalez Vega drew his weapon and shot the mayor, who died while being treated at a hospital.
Aquila is a small town in western Veracruz that is home, according to the 2010 census, to 1,797 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price