Police say pedophile inquiry uncovers new victims
London: Police in north Wales say a new investigation into a pedophile ring at children`s care homes that allegedly operated between 1963 and 1992 has identified scores of potential victims.
Detectives released a report today say they had identified 140 allegations, including 76 new complainants, and that the inquiry will continue.
One person has been detained in the investigation, known as Operation Pallial. The report says 84 individuals had been named by the complainants.
Operation Pallial was set up last year to re-examine claims of decades-old sex crimes at the care homes in north Wales.
A BBC report that looked at the scandal alleged that a previous inquiry failed to uncover the full extent of abuse. Police say it is never too late for victims to come forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'