Police say pedophile inquiry uncovers new victims
London: Police in north Wales say a new investigation into a pedophile ring at children`s care homes that allegedly operated between 1963 and 1992 has identified scores of potential victims.
Detectives released a report today say they had identified 140 allegations, including 76 new complainants, and that the inquiry will continue.
One person has been detained in the investigation, known as Operation Pallial. The report says 84 individuals had been named by the complainants.
Operation Pallial was set up last year to re-examine claims of decades-old sex crimes at the care homes in north Wales.
A BBC report that looked at the scandal alleged that a previous inquiry failed to uncover the full extent of abuse. Police say it is never too late for victims to come forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency in electrifying speech at DNC - Watch
- Syria, Russia cluster munition use `relentless`: HRW
- Balle Balle! Harbhajan Singh, wife Geeta Basra blessed with a baby girl: Report
- Hardcore Maoist surrenders in Odisha
- Harshvardhan Kapoor in Motwane's 'Bhavesh Joshi'