Police say pedophile inquiry uncovers new victims
London: Police in north Wales say a new investigation into a pedophile ring at children`s care homes that allegedly operated between 1963 and 1992 has identified scores of potential victims.
Detectives released a report today say they had identified 140 allegations, including 76 new complainants, and that the inquiry will continue.
One person has been detained in the investigation, known as Operation Pallial. The report says 84 individuals had been named by the complainants.
Operation Pallial was set up last year to re-examine claims of decades-old sex crimes at the care homes in north Wales.
A BBC report that looked at the scandal alleged that a previous inquiry failed to uncover the full extent of abuse. Police say it is never too late for victims to come forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price
- Kotak Mahindra Bank to raise Rs 5,000 cr via bonds