Police taser man outside Buckingham Palace
London: British police say they have arrested and used a stun gun on a man armed with two knives outside Buckingham Palace.
Scotland Yard said the man, thought to be in his 50s, acted aggressively when challenged by police outside the gates of the heavily touristed landmark today. Officers used a Taser gun on him and took him to a London police station. The man was not named and police did not provide details of his identity.
Parts of the area outside the palace gates, usually crowded with tourists, were cordoned off. No injuries were reported.
Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Philip were at their country retreat, Sandringham Estate, today. The palace declined to comment on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details