Police taser man outside Buckingham Palace
London: British police say they have arrested and used a stun gun on a man armed with two knives outside Buckingham Palace.
Scotland Yard said the man, thought to be in his 50s, acted aggressively when challenged by police outside the gates of the heavily touristed landmark today. Officers used a Taser gun on him and took him to a London police station. The man was not named and police did not provide details of his identity.
Parts of the area outside the palace gates, usually crowded with tourists, were cordoned off. No injuries were reported.
Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Philip were at their country retreat, Sandringham Estate, today. The palace declined to comment on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'