Police taser man outside Buckingham Palace
London: British police say they have arrested and used a stun gun on a man armed with two knives outside Buckingham Palace.
Scotland Yard said the man, thought to be in his 50s, acted aggressively when challenged by police outside the gates of the heavily touristed landmark today. Officers used a Taser gun on him and took him to a London police station. The man was not named and police did not provide details of his identity.
Parts of the area outside the palace gates, usually crowded with tourists, were cordoned off. No injuries were reported.
Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Philip were at their country retreat, Sandringham Estate, today. The palace declined to comment on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt