Police taser man outside Buckingham Palace
London: British police say they have arrested and used a stun gun on a man armed with two knives outside Buckingham Palace.
Scotland Yard said the man, thought to be in his 50s, acted aggressively when challenged by police outside the gates of the heavily touristed landmark today. Officers used a Taser gun on him and took him to a London police station. The man was not named and police did not provide details of his identity.
Parts of the area outside the palace gates, usually crowded with tourists, were cordoned off. No injuries were reported.
Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Philip were at their country retreat, Sandringham Estate, today. The palace declined to comment on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!