Policeman detained for using Mugabe`s toilet
Harare: A policeman in Zimbabwe has been placed in detention for using President Robert Mugabe`s toilet at a trade fair a fortnight ago.
Sergeant Alois Mabhunu was on duty at the fair in Zimbabwe`s second largest city of Bulawayo about two weeks ago when he received an urgent call of nature.
He rushed to the first toilet he laid eyes on, and that happened to be Mugabe`s private lavatory. Toilet guards tried to block Mabhunu`s access but he fought his way through and locked himself in.
After relieving himself, he left and resumed his duties. But the guards reported the incident to the secret police and he was arrested the next day, the bulawayo24.com reported.
Mabhunu was being held at a police detention centre outside Bulawayo and was due to appear before a police disciplinary hearing Friday.
The 87-year-old Zimbabwean President is fiercely protected by large squadrons of secret police and soldiers wherever he goes.
Motorists who accidentally get in the way of Mugabe`s motorcade are routinely assaulted, and have no recourse to the law, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars