Polish Jewish museum to open in April 2013
Warsaw: Officials say a museum on the 1,000-year history of Poland`s Jews will open on the anniversary of the Warsaw ghetto uprising.
Agnieszka Rudzinska, the head of the Museum of the History of Polish Jews, said on Monday it will open to visitors on April 19, 2013, the 70th anniversary of the doomed uprising by Warsaw`s Jews against the Nazis.
Culture Minister Bogdan Zdrojewski announced a subsidy of 10 million zlotys (USD 3 million) to help finish the concrete-and-glass building on time. The funds are to come from state and Warsaw coffers.
Poland`s Jewish community numbered 3.5 million before World War II, but most were murdered during the Holocaust under German Nazi occupation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP