Polish PM sacks Justice Minister
Warsaw: Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk has fired Justice Minister Jaroslaw Gowin after the latter accused German scientists of buying and experimenting on embryos bought from Poland.
Gowin, who was dismissed Monday, said in a television interview earlier this month that "German scientists are importing embryos from other countries, probably also from Poland, and conducting experiments on them", reported Xinhua.
He gave no evidence for the allegation.
He will be replaced by former interior minister Marek Biernacki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption