Polish President sets Oct 9 as election date
Warsaw: Poland`s President has set October 09 as the date for Parliamentary Elections, opening a campaign certain to be shaped by bitter disputes over the plane crash last year that killed president Lech Kaczynski and other political figures.
The country`s second most popular party is Law and Justice, the conservative nationalist force led by the late president`s twin brother, Jaroslaw Kaczynski.
That party blames the government of Prime Minister Donald Tusk for the disaster, claiming that ill will toward the late president led to careless security procedures that were among the causes of the crash.
Opinion polls, however, show Tusk`s centrist Civic Platform party stands a good chance of keeping power.
President Bronislaw Komorowski announced the date Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi