Polish woman arrested over deaths of her 5 babies
Warsaw: A prosecutor says a Polish woman has been arrested on suspicion of killing at least five of her newborn babies.
Maria Kudyba, a prosecutor in northeast Poland, said today the suspect, identified only as 41-year-old Beata Z., will be held for at least three months during an investigation.
She said the widowed woman gave birth to eight babies between 1998 and 2012, but only two remain alive.
Four bodies have been found on the woman`s farm in Hipolitowo village. Investigators are searching for a fifth body and trying to determine the fate of the sixth baby.
Social workers alerted police when they saw no baby born after Beata Z. Appeared to have been pregnant.
Investigators refused to speculate about possible motives in the case. Poland has a strict anti-abortion law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs