Polish woman arrested over deaths of her 5 babies
Warsaw: A prosecutor says a Polish woman has been arrested on suspicion of killing at least five of her newborn babies.
Maria Kudyba, a prosecutor in northeast Poland, said today the suspect, identified only as 41-year-old Beata Z., will be held for at least three months during an investigation.
She said the widowed woman gave birth to eight babies between 1998 and 2012, but only two remain alive.
Four bodies have been found on the woman`s farm in Hipolitowo village. Investigators are searching for a fifth body and trying to determine the fate of the sixth baby.
Social workers alerted police when they saw no baby born after Beata Z. Appeared to have been pregnant.
Investigators refused to speculate about possible motives in the case. Poland has a strict anti-abortion law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list