Polish woman arrested over deaths of her 5 babies
Warsaw: A prosecutor says a Polish woman has been arrested on suspicion of killing at least five of her newborn babies.
Maria Kudyba, a prosecutor in northeast Poland, said today the suspect, identified only as 41-year-old Beata Z., will be held for at least three months during an investigation.
She said the widowed woman gave birth to eight babies between 1998 and 2012, but only two remain alive.
Four bodies have been found on the woman`s farm in Hipolitowo village. Investigators are searching for a fifth body and trying to determine the fate of the sixth baby.
Social workers alerted police when they saw no baby born after Beata Z. Appeared to have been pregnant.
Investigators refused to speculate about possible motives in the case. Poland has a strict anti-abortion law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days