Polls open in Hungarian general elections
Budapest: Polls opened in Hungary on Sunday at 6:00 am (0400 GMT) in the first round of general elections set to elect a new Parliament of 386 seats.
Some 8.3 million voters will cast their ballots in the 11,000 polling stations which will be open until 7:00 pm (1700 GMT) and the first results will be available two hours later.
All polls predict a stunning victory of the right-wing opposition party Fidesz after eight years of Socialist governance.
A new political power is to enter Parliament, namely the far-right Jobbik party, reaching between 13 and 20 percent, the polls showed.
The Parliament is elected for four years.
The second round of the elections will be on April 25.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference