Polls open in Hungarian general elections
Budapest: Polls opened in Hungary on Sunday at 6:00 am (0400 GMT) in the first round of general elections set to elect a new Parliament of 386 seats.
Some 8.3 million voters will cast their ballots in the 11,000 polling stations which will be open until 7:00 pm (1700 GMT) and the first results will be available two hours later.
All polls predict a stunning victory of the right-wing opposition party Fidesz after eight years of Socialist governance.
A new political power is to enter Parliament, namely the far-right Jobbik party, reaching between 13 and 20 percent, the polls showed.
The Parliament is elected for four years.
The second round of the elections will be on April 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video