Polls open in Hungarian general elections
Budapest: Polls opened in Hungary on Sunday at 6:00 am (0400 GMT) in the first round of general elections set to elect a new Parliament of 386 seats.
Some 8.3 million voters will cast their ballots in the 11,000 polling stations which will be open until 7:00 pm (1700 GMT) and the first results will be available two hours later.
All polls predict a stunning victory of the right-wing opposition party Fidesz after eight years of Socialist governance.
A new political power is to enter Parliament, namely the far-right Jobbik party, reaching between 13 and 20 percent, the polls showed.
The Parliament is elected for four years.
The second round of the elections will be on April 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM
- 'Third Front' leaders attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in as West Bengal CM; 42 ministers take oath
- Panasonic launches 4G VoLTE smartphone Eluga A2 at Rs 9,490
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis reach 3rd round in French Open
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Alastair Cook misses out but pressure on visitors