Pope Benedict XVI denounces gay marriage as ‘manipulation of nature’
London: Pope Benedict XVI has denounces gay marriage in his Christmas message, saying that the future of the mankind is at stake.
The Pope denounced the move saying that people are manipulating their God-given identities to suit their sexual choices, and destroying the very ‘essence of the human creature’ in the process.
According to the Daily Mail, in his speech Pope Benedict quoted the chief rabbi of France, Gilles Bernheim, in saying the campaign for granting gays the right to marry and adopt children was an ``attack`` on the traditional family made up of a father, mother and children.
The Pope’s remarks came in his annual Christmas address to the Vatican bureaucracy, one of his most important speeches of the year, the paper said.
He dedicated it this year to promoting traditional family values in the face of vocal campaigns in France, the US, Britain and elsewhere to legalise same-sex marriage, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'