Pope Benedict XVI denounces gay marriage as ‘manipulation of nature’
London: Pope Benedict XVI has denounces gay marriage in his Christmas message, saying that the future of the mankind is at stake.
The Pope denounced the move saying that people are manipulating their God-given identities to suit their sexual choices, and destroying the very ‘essence of the human creature’ in the process.
According to the Daily Mail, in his speech Pope Benedict quoted the chief rabbi of France, Gilles Bernheim, in saying the campaign for granting gays the right to marry and adopt children was an ``attack`` on the traditional family made up of a father, mother and children.
The Pope’s remarks came in his annual Christmas address to the Vatican bureaucracy, one of his most important speeches of the year, the paper said.
He dedicated it this year to promoting traditional family values in the face of vocal campaigns in France, the US, Britain and elsewhere to legalise same-sex marriage, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'