Pope Benedict XVI spends first night after retirement in front of TV
London: The Vatican authorities have revealed that former Pope Benedict XVI spent his first night in retirement watching TV after dinner and having a stroll around his new house.
Archbishop Georg Ganswein, his private secretary, said that the Pope Emeritus, as he is now known, had also "slept well" after watching TV news bulletins.
He disclosed the details of the 85-year-old ex-pope’s new life in a telephone call with Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi, Sky news reports.
According to the report, father Lombardi said that the pope was very appreciative of the reports, which covered his last few intense moments.
He had dinner and then went for a walk inside the palace at Castel Gandolfo, in the Hall of the Swiss and then afterwards he prayed and went to bed, he added.
Father Lombardi also revealed how the Pope Emeritus had brought with him several books to read on theology as well as music to listen to, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'