Pope Benedict XVI spends first night after retirement in front of TV
London: The Vatican authorities have revealed that former Pope Benedict XVI spent his first night in retirement watching TV after dinner and having a stroll around his new house.
Archbishop Georg Ganswein, his private secretary, said that the Pope Emeritus, as he is now known, had also "slept well" after watching TV news bulletins.
He disclosed the details of the 85-year-old ex-pope’s new life in a telephone call with Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi, Sky news reports.
According to the report, father Lombardi said that the pope was very appreciative of the reports, which covered his last few intense moments.
He had dinner and then went for a walk inside the palace at Castel Gandolfo, in the Hall of the Swiss and then afterwards he prayed and went to bed, he added.
Father Lombardi also revealed how the Pope Emeritus had brought with him several books to read on theology as well as music to listen to, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP