Pope Benedict XVI spends first night after retirement in front of TV
London: The Vatican authorities have revealed that former Pope Benedict XVI spent his first night in retirement watching TV after dinner and having a stroll around his new house.
Archbishop Georg Ganswein, his private secretary, said that the Pope Emeritus, as he is now known, had also "slept well" after watching TV news bulletins.
He disclosed the details of the 85-year-old ex-pope’s new life in a telephone call with Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi, Sky news reports.
According to the report, father Lombardi said that the pope was very appreciative of the reports, which covered his last few intense moments.
He had dinner and then went for a walk inside the palace at Castel Gandolfo, in the Hall of the Swiss and then afterwards he prayed and went to bed, he added.
Father Lombardi also revealed how the Pope Emeritus had brought with him several books to read on theology as well as music to listen to, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre