Pope Benedict XVI to launch personal Twitter account
London: Pope Benedict XVI has planned to connect with people across the globe through a new personal Twitter account.
The new Twitter account will be his own, though it is doubtful that Benedict himself will operate the account.
According to the Daily Mirror, Benedict, 85, will more likely sign off on tweets written in his name.
His spokesman said details about Benedict`s handle and other information will come when the Vatican officially launches the account.
According to the report, Benedict sent his first tweet from a Vatican account last year when he launched the Vatican``s news information portal.
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22