Pope Benedict XVI to launch personal Twitter account
Washington: Pope Benedict XVI will now join millions of people around the globe by launching his own Twitter account.
According to a Vatican official, the pope will be composing the tweets for the new account himself.
For the first tweet from the account, the pope will also press the button to send the tweet himself, but after that others will send the tweets on his behalf, CNN reports.
The formal announcement is set for a press conference today at the Vatican with Catholic and Twitter officials, the report said.
According to the report, earlier in June 2011 the pope sent his first tweet from the Twitter account for the Vatican news site, @news_va_en, to launch the new site www.news.va.
“Dear friends, I just launched News.va. Praised be our Lord Jesus Christ! With my prayers and blessings, Benedictus XVI,” he wrote at that time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters
- Do you want to work for the Narendra Modi Government? Apply here
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan