Pope Benedict XVI to launch personal Twitter account
Washington: Pope Benedict XVI will now join millions of people around the globe by launching his own Twitter account.
According to a Vatican official, the pope will be composing the tweets for the new account himself.
For the first tweet from the account, the pope will also press the button to send the tweet himself, but after that others will send the tweets on his behalf, CNN reports.
The formal announcement is set for a press conference today at the Vatican with Catholic and Twitter officials, the report said.
According to the report, earlier in June 2011 the pope sent his first tweet from the Twitter account for the Vatican news site, @news_va_en, to launch the new site www.news.va.
“Dear friends, I just launched News.va. Praised be our Lord Jesus Christ! With my prayers and blessings, Benedictus XVI,” he wrote at that time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing