Pope Benedict XVI to launch personal Twitter account
Washington: Pope Benedict XVI will now join millions of people around the globe by launching his own Twitter account.
According to a Vatican official, the pope will be composing the tweets for the new account himself.
For the first tweet from the account, the pope will also press the button to send the tweet himself, but after that others will send the tweets on his behalf, CNN reports.
The formal announcement is set for a press conference today at the Vatican with Catholic and Twitter officials, the report said.
According to the report, earlier in June 2011 the pope sent his first tweet from the Twitter account for the Vatican news site, @news_va_en, to launch the new site www.news.va.
“Dear friends, I just launched News.va. Praised be our Lord Jesus Christ! With my prayers and blessings, Benedictus XVI,” he wrote at that time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?