Pope Benedict XVI to launch personal Twitter account
Washington: Pope Benedict XVI will now join millions of people around the globe by launching his own Twitter account.
According to a Vatican official, the pope will be composing the tweets for the new account himself.
For the first tweet from the account, the pope will also press the button to send the tweet himself, but after that others will send the tweets on his behalf, CNN reports.
The formal announcement is set for a press conference today at the Vatican with Catholic and Twitter officials, the report said.
According to the report, earlier in June 2011 the pope sent his first tweet from the Twitter account for the Vatican news site, @news_va_en, to launch the new site www.news.va.
“Dear friends, I just launched News.va. Praised be our Lord Jesus Christ! With my prayers and blessings, Benedictus XVI,” he wrote at that time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'