Pope blesses hundreds of Harley Davidsons
Vatican City: Biker culture has come to the Vatican. Pope Francis on Sunday blessed thousands of Harley Davidsons and their riders as the American motorcycle manufacturer celebrated its 110th anniversary with a loud parade and plenty of leather.
Thundering Harley engines nearly drowned out the recitation of the "Our Father" prayer in Latin that accompanied Francis as he greeted the crowd before Mass.
In St. Peter`s Square, bikers in their trademark leather Harley vests sat alongside nuns and tens of thousands of faithful Catholics taking part in an unrelated, two-day pro-life rally, the centerpiece of which was Francis` Mass.
Francis addressed them both after Mass, giving a blessing to the "numerous participants" of the Harley rally.
Tens of thousands of Harley owners from around the world descended on Rome for the anniversary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered