Pope blesses hundreds of Harley Davidsons
Vatican City: Biker culture has come to the Vatican. Pope Francis on Sunday blessed thousands of Harley Davidsons and their riders as the American motorcycle manufacturer celebrated its 110th anniversary with a loud parade and plenty of leather.
Thundering Harley engines nearly drowned out the recitation of the "Our Father" prayer in Latin that accompanied Francis as he greeted the crowd before Mass.
In St. Peter`s Square, bikers in their trademark leather Harley vests sat alongside nuns and tens of thousands of faithful Catholics taking part in an unrelated, two-day pro-life rally, the centerpiece of which was Francis` Mass.
Francis addressed them both after Mass, giving a blessing to the "numerous participants" of the Harley rally.
Tens of thousands of Harley owners from around the world descended on Rome for the anniversary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples