Pope calls for solidarity between all in New Year`s message
Rome: Pope Benedict XVI called for solidarity between all people in need in his annual New Year`s message on Friday.
Modern times are filled with all manner of suffering and drama, some provoked by human evil, other by nature, said the pope. But God`s message of joy and freedom would also reach all people suffering between the holidays, he added.
As it is done every year, the Te Deum was sung during the service, as thanks for the year that has just ended.
The pope is also expected to give his traditional New Year`s mass at 10 am (0900 GMT) Saturday. New Year`s Day is the church`s traditional World Day of Peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH