Pope Francis blurts out Italian F-word by mistake while praying for Ukraine
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Vatican City: To err is human, to forgive divine – this is what Pope Francis must have consoled himself with after he ended up mispronouncing a word, that came to mean the Italian equivalent of F***.
The pontiff, who presides over the Holy see, was faced with a rather `unholy` slip of tongue when instead of ``case``, he erroneously articulated “cazzo”, which in Italian translates to mean the “male genitalia” or the cuss word “F***”.
“If each of us were to garner wealth not just for ourselves but to put at the service of others, in this cazzo (f*** in Italian) — in this case, God’s blessing would manifest itself in this gesture of solidarity,” the Pope said.
The embarrassing error took place while the Pope was addressing a weekly Vatican mass at St Peters Square, leaving the audience in disbelief over what they heard.
However, the Pope was quick enough to correct himself and went on to pray for the Ukraine, which is mired in a crisis after Russian military intervention in Crimea.
The video of the papal address, which was immediately posted online, created a buzz on the social media with many on YouTube and Twitter reacting to the pope`s slip of tongue.
— ShiningPath (@ShiningPath1) March 4, 2014
— John Pereira (@pereirjb1) March 4, 2014
Pope Francis who is looked upon by millions of Catholics across the world was recently honoured with the Time Person of the Year by the Time magazine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why