Pope Francis calls for reflection on Palm Sunday
Vatican City: Pope Francis used his Palm Sunday Mass homily to call on Catholics to reflect, asking the faithful at the start of Holy Week if they were traitors like Judas or loved God like Joseph.
"Has my life fallen asleep?" the pope asked. "Am I like Pontius Pilate, who, when he sees the situation is difficult, washes my hands?"
The pope posed more questions for the crowd that gathered for Palm Sunday Mass, moving away from his prepared homily.
"Where is my heart?" Francis asked, adding that this was the "question which accompanies us" throughout Holy Week.
The pontiff removed his red vestments afer Mass and greeted a group of cardinals from Krakow.
Francis spent some time speaking and posing for photos with some of the thousands of young people from Brazil and Poland who chanted his name.
The pope concluded his Palm Sunday programme by blessing the thousands of Catholics who raised their hands toward him and called his name in Vatican City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?