Pope John Paul II closer to `sainthood`, second mirracle apporoved
Vatican: Late Pope John Paul II has been confirmed to be steps away from `sainthood` after his second miracle for a Costa Rican woman who was suffering from severe brain injury was approved by commission of theologians.
According to New York Daily News, if the church approves the late Pope`s miracle, it could lead him to ` sainthood` faster than anyone else in the history.
The woman`s family has claimed that she was healed after they prayed to the Pope`s memory. The doctors too testified that the healing couldn`t be given scientific explanations.
The report said that a commission of theologians has already approved the miracle and the case will now be passed on to a commission of cardinals and later to Pope Francis.
After Pope John Paul II died, the incoming Pope Benedict XVI waived off the traditional five-year waiting period and allowed investigation into the late Pope`s life and virtues to begin immediately.
According to the report, late Pope John Paul II was beatified in 2011 after he reportedly interceded from beyond the grave, to help cure a French nun named Sister Marie Simon-Pierre who was suffering from Parkinson`s disease.
Saverio Gaeta, who wrote a biography of John Paul II, said that the canonization of the late Pope will be the crowning glory of the recent history of Catholicism, linking the last three pontificates.
Thousands are expected to travel to the Vatican to watch the canonization ceremony, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way