Pope may apologize for sex abuse by priests: Vatican
Vatican: Pope Benedict XVI may issue a mea culpa for clerical sex abuse at a June meeting of the world`s priests at the Vatican.
The June 9-11 summit, initially called to mark the end of the Vatican`s year of the priest, had already morphed into a pep rally for the pope as he came under fire amid a new wave of reports on sex abuse by clerics.
Now, according to the top Vatican official dealing with abuse, it`s possible that Benedict may issue some form of an apology at the meeting.
Cardinal William Levada, head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, told US public broadcaster PBS on Tuesday that he "wouldn`t be surprised" if the pontiff issues a mea culpa at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?