Pope may apologize for sex abuse by priests: Vatican
Vatican: Pope Benedict XVI may issue a mea culpa for clerical sex abuse at a June meeting of the world`s priests at the Vatican.
The June 9-11 summit, initially called to mark the end of the Vatican`s year of the priest, had already morphed into a pep rally for the pope as he came under fire amid a new wave of reports on sex abuse by clerics.
Now, according to the top Vatican official dealing with abuse, it`s possible that Benedict may issue some form of an apology at the meeting.
Cardinal William Levada, head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, told US public broadcaster PBS on Tuesday that he "wouldn`t be surprised" if the pontiff issues a mea culpa at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane