Pope`s aide visits woman who knocked him down
Vatican City: A Vatican spokesman said Pope
Benedict XVI`s personal aide has visited the young woman who
jumped over a barrier and knocked the pontiff down in St.
Peter`s Basilica on Christmas Eve.
The Rev. Federico Lombardi said that Benedict asked the
aide to pay a call on the woman, who is being treated for
psychiatric problems, to "show the pope`s interest and
Lombardi declined to comment on an Italian newspaper
report Sunday that the papal aide told the woman during the
December 26 visit that Benedict had "pardoned" her.
The Italian-Swiss woman, 25-year-old Susanna Maiolo,
yanked Benedict`s vestments, pulling him down as he walked up
the centre aisle to celebrate Mass. In the commotion, an
elderly French cardinal fell, breaking his hip. The pope
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000