Pope`s former neighbour recalls his `love` letter
Buenos Aires: Amalia Damonte, the Argentine woman who grew up as neighbour of Pope Francis, says she was very briefly the object of his affections when they were both 12.
Amalia, now 76 like the pope, still lives four doors down from where Jorge Mario Bergoglio grew up in Buenos Aires.
Damonte says it was clear early on that he was thinking about dedicating his life to God.
She says in a handwritten letter he left for her, the future pontiff drew a picture of a little white house with a red roof and wrote "this is what I`ll buy when we marry."
He added: "If I don`t marry you, I`m going to be a priest." Damonte says her parents were angered by the missive and ended the friendship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?