Pope`s message to priests `Get blogging`
London: The Pope favours the Catholic
Church and the its priests using the blog and other social
media to connect better with the communion.
Pope Benedict XVI will highlight the importance of the
social media, including the blog, to get people to behave in a
Christian way and to shore up church attendance.
In his World Communications Day message in May, he
will encourage the clergy to start blogging and using the
internet and social media so as to stay in close touch with
the believers, the Daily Telegraph reported today.
"Priests stand at the threshold of a new era," he will
say in a text entitled `The Priest and Pastoral Ministry in a
Digital World: New Media at the Service of the Word`.
"As new technologies create deeper forms of
relationship across greater distances, priests are called to
respond pastorally by putting the media ever more effectively
at the service of the Word," the report quoted him as saying.
Even as some churches used social media to engage and
recruit new members of their congregations, the Pope’s plea is
thought to be the first by a major global religious leader to
focus on new media technologies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman