Popular Italian seaside town bans bikinis
London: An Italian seaside town of Vietri sul Mare on the Amalfi Coast have shocked locals and holidaymakers by banning women from wearing bikinis.
Francesco Benincasa , the mayor of the town, has reaffirmed a law that prohibits scantily clad visitors from the marina area of the town, the Local reported.
Those caught showing off too much flesh will face a fine ranging from 25 pounds and 500 pounds.
The town`s spokesperson Andrea Pellegrino told the publication that upholding the law, which was first introduced in 2011, is necessary "for the area`s image".
However visitors are still free to enjoy the beach in their swimwear, she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan