Popular Italian seaside town bans bikinis
London: An Italian seaside town of Vietri sul Mare on the Amalfi Coast have shocked locals and holidaymakers by banning women from wearing bikinis.
Francesco Benincasa , the mayor of the town, has reaffirmed a law that prohibits scantily clad visitors from the marina area of the town, the Local reported.
Those caught showing off too much flesh will face a fine ranging from 25 pounds and 500 pounds.
The town`s spokesperson Andrea Pellegrino told the publication that upholding the law, which was first introduced in 2011, is necessary "for the area`s image".
However visitors are still free to enjoy the beach in their swimwear, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday