Popular Italian seaside town bans bikinis
London: An Italian seaside town of Vietri sul Mare on the Amalfi Coast have shocked locals and holidaymakers by banning women from wearing bikinis.
Francesco Benincasa , the mayor of the town, has reaffirmed a law that prohibits scantily clad visitors from the marina area of the town, the Local reported.
Those caught showing off too much flesh will face a fine ranging from 25 pounds and 500 pounds.
The town`s spokesperson Andrea Pellegrino told the publication that upholding the law, which was first introduced in 2011, is necessary "for the area`s image".
However visitors are still free to enjoy the beach in their swimwear, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why