Popular Italian seaside town bans bikinis
London: An Italian seaside town of Vietri sul Mare on the Amalfi Coast have shocked locals and holidaymakers by banning women from wearing bikinis.
Francesco Benincasa , the mayor of the town, has reaffirmed a law that prohibits scantily clad visitors from the marina area of the town, the Local reported.
Those caught showing off too much flesh will face a fine ranging from 25 pounds and 500 pounds.
The town`s spokesperson Andrea Pellegrino told the publication that upholding the law, which was first introduced in 2011, is necessary "for the area`s image".
However visitors are still free to enjoy the beach in their swimwear, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing