Poverty increasing in Egypt: Shura Council
Cairo: Poverty is on an increasing trend in
Egypt, the Upper House of Parliament announced on Thursday.
The Shura Council or Upper House of Parliament informed
that based on report of a research committee it had formed to
estimate the direction of poverty in Egypt it has been
ascertained that poverty is increasing in the country.
With the population touching 82 million the per capita
income has dropped and child labour has increased in Egypt.
Egyptians were also found to pay high costs for services such
The report said education standards have worsened and the
number of transportation accident victims have increased.
Studies show the number of accident victims in Egypt to
be 9000 annually.
In a conference of the Egyptian ruling party last year,
its organisational secretary Ahmad Izz had tried to convince
the attendees that poverty has decreased in Egypt by giving
statistics of the number of mobile subscribers and owners of
cars sold on credit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested