Powerful earthquake rocks eastern Greenland
Copenhagen: An earthquake measuring 6.6 on the Richter scale rocked the sea area off the eastern coast of Greenland Thursday, said the US Geological Survey, reported Xinhua.
The epicentre, with a depth of 8.6 km, was 428 km off the north-eastern coast of Greenland. The quake occurred at 1.43 p.m. GMT.
The earthquake was initially measured at 7.0 on the Richter scale, said Danish broadcaster TV2 citing the US Geological Survey.
Greenland is a self-governing territory of Denmark located within the Arctic Circle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections