Powerful quake jots Indonesia`s island of Bali
Bali: A powerful earthquake off Indonesia rattled the popular resort island of Bali early Friday, but there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries, officials said.
The US Geological Survey said the 6.5-magnitude quake struck at 1:08 am (1708 GMT Thursday) and was centred 315 miles (510 kilometres) beneath the ocean floor.
It hit waters 160 miles (260 kilometres) northeast of Bali.
Beni Hendrawanto, of the country`s geological and meteorology department, said it could be felt in the main city of Denpasar but there were no initial reports of damage or injuries.
Indonesia is located on the Pacific "Ring of Fire," an arc of volcanoes and fault lines encircling the Pacific Basin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales
- Never revealed the name of Burari rape victim: DCW chief