Powerful quake strikes far south Atlantic: USGS
Washington: A powerful 7.8 magnitude undersea earthquake struck in the Scotia Sea, a remote region in the far south Atlantic near Antarctica, US earthquake monitors reported on Sunday.
The quake struck at 1434 IST in the ocean some 893 kilometers southwest of Grytviken, South Georgia, and 1,140 kilometers southeast of Ushuaia, Argentina, said the US Geological Survey, which monitors earthquakes worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch