Prachanda for greater economic ties with China
Kathmandu: Nepal, located between India and China, could play an "important role" in strengthening the ties between the two Asian giants, Maoist Chairman Prachanda said on Monday.
The former rebel leader, who is in China on a week-long private visit, also said the Chinese assistance for improving the Nepal`s economy is indispensable.
Noting that both China and India have attained economic prosperity owing to their mutual partnership, former Prime Minister Prachanda said Nepal could attain such prosperity if it cooperates well with the two neighbouring giants.
He said the whole Asian continent could reap benefits from the cooperation between the poor and the developed nation.
"India and China have been experiencing economic progress through mutual cooperation and Nepal could play an important role in strengthening the ties of the two Asian giants," he said.
Prachanda was addressing a programme organised by the Sichuan University in China. He left Kathmandu for Beijing yesterday.
Stating that peace and economic prosperity are intertwined, the former rebel leader added that the political stability is possible only after attaining peace and economic prosperity.
"We welcome the Chinese investment particularly on the hydropower, road, industry, ropeway, railway and agricultural sector," he said.
He is scheduled to meet the new Chinese President Xi Jinping, Premier Li Keqiang, among other leaders of the Chinese Communist Party during his trip.
Talking to mediapersons at the Tribhuvan International Airport before leaving Kathmandu, the UCPN Maoist Chairman had said his visit would focus on economic agenda rather than pursuing political agenda.
Prachanda is also likely to pay a private visit to India after he returns from Beijing. However, the date of the visit is not yet announced.
Oceans are essential
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 82 seats, BJP in 47; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena maintains lead in BMC poll results, begins celebrations in Mumbai; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur