Prayers in Greece held for slain immigrant
Athens: About 150 members of Greece`s Pakistani community have gathered outside Athens City Hall to say prayers for one of their own who was fatally stabbed by suspected extreme rightists.
The crowd, joined by a handful of Greeks, paid its respects today to 27-year-old Shehzad Luqman, whose coffin was displayed inside a hearse. He was killed Thursday.
The mourners displayed a banner saying in English and Greek, "Punishment to the fascist murderers of Shehzad Luqman."
Several organizations, including unions, anti-racist activists and soccer fan clubs, have called for an anti-racist demonstration for today afternoon. It will be followed by a concert at Athens` Syntagma square.
Two Greek men in their 20s have been charged with murder.
Authorities found pamphlets for the ultra-right Golden Dawn party at a suspect`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!