Prayers in Greece held for slain immigrant
Athens: About 150 members of Greece`s Pakistani community have gathered outside Athens City Hall to say prayers for one of their own who was fatally stabbed by suspected extreme rightists.
The crowd, joined by a handful of Greeks, paid its respects today to 27-year-old Shehzad Luqman, whose coffin was displayed inside a hearse. He was killed Thursday.
The mourners displayed a banner saying in English and Greek, "Punishment to the fascist murderers of Shehzad Luqman."
Several organizations, including unions, anti-racist activists and soccer fan clubs, have called for an anti-racist demonstration for today afternoon. It will be followed by a concert at Athens` Syntagma square.
Two Greek men in their 20s have been charged with murder.
Authorities found pamphlets for the ultra-right Golden Dawn party at a suspect`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`