Prayers in Greece held for slain immigrant
Athens: About 150 members of Greece`s Pakistani community have gathered outside Athens City Hall to say prayers for one of their own who was fatally stabbed by suspected extreme rightists.
The crowd, joined by a handful of Greeks, paid its respects today to 27-year-old Shehzad Luqman, whose coffin was displayed inside a hearse. He was killed Thursday.
The mourners displayed a banner saying in English and Greek, "Punishment to the fascist murderers of Shehzad Luqman."
Several organizations, including unions, anti-racist activists and soccer fan clubs, have called for an anti-racist demonstration for today afternoon. It will be followed by a concert at Athens` Syntagma square.
Two Greek men in their 20s have been charged with murder.
Authorities found pamphlets for the ultra-right Golden Dawn party at a suspect`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’