Pregnant Kate to be out of action until Christmas
London: The Duchess of Cambridge is expected to take time off from her royal duties until Christmas after being discharged from hospital on Thursday, it has been revealed.
The 30-year-old Duchess, who spent three nights in the King Edward VII Hospital in London being treated for severe pregnancy sickness, has cancelled two engagements this weekend and is unlikely to be well enough to attend a third next week, the Telegraph reported.
She has been told to rest at Kensington Palace for at least a week, meaning she is unlikely to be seen in public again until the Royal family’s traditional Christmas Day church attendance at Sandringham.
She smiled broadly as she left hospital, holding a bouquet of yellow roses given to her by hospital staff, saying she was feeling “much better, thank you,” as she got into a waiting Jaguar with her husband.
With maternity experts suggesting she will need to take at least two weeks off work, it now seems inevitable that the Duchess will not be seen again before Christmas.
Kate’s condition also means she and the Duke will be separated for days at a time over the coming weeks, with William due back on shift with his Search and Rescue squadron at RAF Valley, Anglesey.
The Duchess will remain in London, within easy reach of her doctors, until she is fully recovered, and may also spend time with her parents in Berkshire.
But she is unlikely to risk returning to the couple’s isolated home on Anglesey until she is completely over her sickness, which could take weeks or even months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says