Prepare to take power: Germany, Italy to Syrian rebels
Berlin: German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti have called on the Syrian opposition to prepare to take over power in the country.
"The Syrian opposition should prepare to take responsibility," Merkel said on Wednesday following a meeting with Monti.
The Italian Prime Minster said Italy was very concerned about the situation in Syria and emphasised that he agreed with Merkel on the issue of Syrian peace resolution.
Since it began with demonstrations against President Bashar al-Assad`s regime in March 2011, the Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to estimates by various groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi