Prepare to take power: Germany, Italy to Syrian rebels
Berlin: German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti have called on the Syrian opposition to prepare to take over power in the country.
"The Syrian opposition should prepare to take responsibility," Merkel said on Wednesday following a meeting with Monti.
The Italian Prime Minster said Italy was very concerned about the situation in Syria and emphasised that he agreed with Merkel on the issue of Syrian peace resolution.
Since it began with demonstrations against President Bashar al-Assad`s regime in March 2011, the Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to estimates by various groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room