Prepare to take power: Germany, Italy to Syrian rebels
Berlin: German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti have called on the Syrian opposition to prepare to take over power in the country.
"The Syrian opposition should prepare to take responsibility," Merkel said on Wednesday following a meeting with Monti.
The Italian Prime Minster said Italy was very concerned about the situation in Syria and emphasised that he agreed with Merkel on the issue of Syrian peace resolution.
Since it began with demonstrations against President Bashar al-Assad`s regime in March 2011, the Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to estimates by various groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway