Present credible military option against Iran: Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s hawkish Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday asked the international community to further intensify sanctions against Iran and "present a credible military option" to deter it from going nuclear.
"Now, more than ever, given Iranian progress, it`s important to intensify the economic sanctions and present a credible military option against Iran" to spur it to drop its nuclear programme, Netanyahu told ministers at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting in Jerusalem.
The hawkish leader`s remarks came as world powers prepared to meet in Brussels this week to deliberate the possibility of renewing talks with Tehran.
"A month has passed since the Iranian Presidential elections and Iran continues to surge forward quickly toward developing its nuclear military capability," Netanyahu said adding, "Iran is expanding and refining its enrichment process and developing a plutonium reactor at the same time."
The Israeli leader noted that Israel is determined to stand by its demands on the Iranian issue, which, he said, "have to be the demands of the international community".
He also demanded that Iran must stop all uranium enrichment, remove all enriched materials from within its borders and close the illegal enrichment facility at Qom.
Representatives of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council, plus Germany, will be meeting in Brussels on Tuesday to discuss the possibility of resuming talks on Tehran`s nuclear policy set to resume in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says