close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Previously undisclosed Lockerbie files published

A Scottish newspaper has published what it says are previously undisclosed files on the 1988 Pan Am bombing that the only suspect convicted in the case has claimed cast doubt on his involvement.



London: A Scottish newspaper has published
what it says are previously undisclosed files on the 1988 Pan Am bombing that the only suspect convicted in the case has
claimed cast doubt on his involvement.

The Sunday Herald newspaper posted an 800-report by the
Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission to its website
today. It says it had been authorized to publish the documents
by Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, who was convicted over the bombing
that killed 270 people, most of them Americans, over the
Scottish town of Lockerbie.

Al-Megrahi was granted a compassionate release from a
Scottish prison in August 2009 and returned to his native
Libya. He is being treated for prostate cancer.

The files were prepared ahead of a planned appeal in
2009, which al-Megrahi dropped ahead of his release.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video


WION FEATURES

K8 Plus: Lenovo's new phone available @ Rs 10,999

Heavy security outside Dera Sacha Sauda headquarters in Sirsa as search operation begins

WATCH Exclusive: After Doklam standoff, India begins road construction near LAC

Hurricane Irma, rampaging through Caribbean, is most enduring super-storm on record

Three train derailments in 1 day, fourth accident narrowly-averted

China says Indian Army chief's views contrary to those expressed by Modi, Xi