Prez greets Obama on US Independence Day
New Delhi: Felicitating his American counterpart Barack Obama on the occasion of US Independence Day, President Pranab Mukherjee tonight said Indo-US strategic partnership seeks to transform not only the lives of people of the two countries but also to create a better world.
In a message to Obama, Mukherjee said, "India and USA have together, built on the bedrock of timeless shared values, a strategic partnership that encompasses virtually every field of human endeavour one that seeks to transform not only the lives of our respective citizens, but also to create a better world for all."
"It gives me great pleasure to convey warm felicitations and good wishes of the people and the Government of India on the 238th Independence Day of the USA," he said.
The President wished Obama and his family good health and happiness "and every success in your mission of service to the American people".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!