Prez greets Obama on US Independence Day
New Delhi: Felicitating his American counterpart Barack Obama on the occasion of US Independence Day, President Pranab Mukherjee tonight said Indo-US strategic partnership seeks to transform not only the lives of people of the two countries but also to create a better world.
In a message to Obama, Mukherjee said, "India and USA have together, built on the bedrock of timeless shared values, a strategic partnership that encompasses virtually every field of human endeavour one that seeks to transform not only the lives of our respective citizens, but also to create a better world for all."
"It gives me great pleasure to convey warm felicitations and good wishes of the people and the Government of India on the 238th Independence Day of the USA," he said.
The President wished Obama and his family good health and happiness "and every success in your mission of service to the American people".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users