Prince Andrew becomes first British royal to join Twitter
London: Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, has become the first member of the British royal family to open an official Twitter account.
Andrew, fourth in line to the throne, chose @TheDukeOfYork as his handle on the micro-blogging site, BBC reported.
His first tweet was "Welcome to my Twitter account - AY". If the tweets are signed AY, they would be written by Andrew himself.
The prince served for 22 years in the Royal Navy as a helicopter pilot.
Two golf clubs and two official royal family accounts -- @BritishMonarchy and @ClarenceHouse -- are among the organisations Andrew is already following on Twitter.
Within two hours of going online, the duke`s account had more than 3,000 followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users