Prince Andrew becomes first British royal to join Twitter
London: Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, has become the first member of the British royal family to open an official Twitter account.
Andrew, fourth in line to the throne, chose @TheDukeOfYork as his handle on the micro-blogging site, BBC reported.
His first tweet was "Welcome to my Twitter account - AY". If the tweets are signed AY, they would be written by Andrew himself.
The prince served for 22 years in the Royal Navy as a helicopter pilot.
Two golf clubs and two official royal family accounts -- @BritishMonarchy and @ClarenceHouse -- are among the organisations Andrew is already following on Twitter.
Within two hours of going online, the duke`s account had more than 3,000 followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?