Prince Charles` charity in financial fraud probe: Report
London: Prince Charles has landed into a controversy after one of his charities is being investigated by police for financial irregularities to the tune of GBP 150,000, a media report said.
Officers swooped on the London offices of The Prince`s Foundation for Integrated Health after suspicious transactions appeared in the accounts of the charity that campaigns for the use of complementary therapies, the `Sunday Express` reported.
According to the Charity Commission website, Prince`s foundation has failed to file its annual return and it is 154 days overdue.
A spokesman for the foundation said: "Due to staff and structural changes, there was a delay in preparing the 2008 accounts. While getting these accounts ready for filing, our auditors Kingston Smith questioned some of the transactions. At their recommendation a complaint has been made to police."
The latest accounts show that the foundation, which employs 14 people, earned GBP 1.21 million but spent GBP 1.27 million in 2007, the report said.
However, a Clarence House spokesman said the first-in-line to the British throne was being kept abreast of developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE