Prince Charles` charity in financial fraud probe: Report
London: Prince Charles has landed into a controversy after one of his charities is being investigated by police for financial irregularities to the tune of GBP 150,000, a media report said.
Officers swooped on the London offices of The Prince`s Foundation for Integrated Health after suspicious transactions appeared in the accounts of the charity that campaigns for the use of complementary therapies, the `Sunday Express` reported.
According to the Charity Commission website, Prince`s foundation has failed to file its annual return and it is 154 days overdue.
A spokesman for the foundation said: "Due to staff and structural changes, there was a delay in preparing the 2008 accounts. While getting these accounts ready for filing, our auditors Kingston Smith questioned some of the transactions. At their recommendation a complaint has been made to police."
The latest accounts show that the foundation, which employs 14 people, earned GBP 1.21 million but spent GBP 1.27 million in 2007, the report said.
However, a Clarence House spokesman said the first-in-line to the British throne was being kept abreast of developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday