Prince Charles` charity in financial fraud probe: Report
London: Prince Charles has landed into a controversy after one of his charities is being investigated by police for financial irregularities to the tune of GBP 150,000, a media report said.
Officers swooped on the London offices of The Prince`s Foundation for Integrated Health after suspicious transactions appeared in the accounts of the charity that campaigns for the use of complementary therapies, the `Sunday Express` reported.
According to the Charity Commission website, Prince`s foundation has failed to file its annual return and it is 154 days overdue.
A spokesman for the foundation said: "Due to staff and structural changes, there was a delay in preparing the 2008 accounts. While getting these accounts ready for filing, our auditors Kingston Smith questioned some of the transactions. At their recommendation a complaint has been made to police."
The latest accounts show that the foundation, which employs 14 people, earned GBP 1.21 million but spent GBP 1.27 million in 2007, the report said.
However, a Clarence House spokesman said the first-in-line to the British throne was being kept abreast of developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close