Prince Charles presents weather on BBC
London: Viewers of BBC Scotland were on Thursday pleasantly surprised when Prince Charles appeared on their screens to present the weather, and cracked some jokes in the process.
He delivered the lunchtime weather bulletin when he and the Duchess of Cornwall visited the BBC`s Glasgow office.
BBC Scotland is currently celebrating 60 years of operation.
Prince Charles appeared initially to fiddle around the `clicker` which is used to change the image behind the weather presenter but got used to it soon to present the weather by reading from a autocue script which made reference to Royal properties north of the border.
While reading of "the potential for a few flurries over Balmoral (castle)", he interrupted to exclaim: "Who the hell wrote this script?"
Viewers learned of the royal guest when presenter Sally Magnusson announced: "Let`s take a look at the weather forecast now. I`m delighted to say we`ve got a new member of our weather team, let me hand over to him now. Your Highness...".
Prince Charles mentioned "cold, wet and windy" weather across most of Scotland with temperatures of just 8 degree Celsius, and ended by quipping: "Thank God it isn`t a bank holiday."
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- CGBSE 10th HS Results 2016: Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh CG Board (Class 10 X) High School Exam Results 2016 tomorrow on April 28
- PHOTO: 'World boss' Chris Gayle with 'Macho boy' Sarfaraz Khan in cool pic
- FDI up 37% after launch of 'Make in India'
- Priyanka Chopra to attend White House Correspondents' dinner
- SHOCKING! 10 year-old-boy beaten up for tearing Trinamool Congress posters