Prince Charles` record-breaking wait to take throne
London: Prince Charles has entered the record books for spending the longest time as heir apparent to the British throne.
The 62-year-old prince achieved the milestone on Wednesday, by which time he had been next in line 59 years, two months and 14 days.
His mother, Queen Elizabeth, is still in good health as she celebrates her 85th birthday on Thursday, so Charles seems a good bet to extend his record significantly.
Charles overtook King Edward VII for the longest wait. Edward had waited 59 years, two months and 13 days to succeed his mother, Queen Victoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi