Prince Charles` record-breaking wait to take throne
London: Prince Charles has entered the record books for spending the longest time as heir apparent to the British throne.
The 62-year-old prince achieved the milestone on Wednesday, by which time he had been next in line 59 years, two months and 14 days.
His mother, Queen Elizabeth, is still in good health as she celebrates her 85th birthday on Thursday, so Charles seems a good bet to extend his record significantly.
Charles overtook King Edward VII for the longest wait. Edward had waited 59 years, two months and 13 days to succeed his mother, Queen Victoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab