Prince Charles` record-breaking wait to take throne
London: Prince Charles has entered the record books for spending the longest time as heir apparent to the British throne.
The 62-year-old prince achieved the milestone on Wednesday, by which time he had been next in line 59 years, two months and 14 days.
His mother, Queen Elizabeth, is still in good health as she celebrates her 85th birthday on Thursday, so Charles seems a good bet to extend his record significantly.
Charles overtook King Edward VII for the longest wait. Edward had waited 59 years, two months and 13 days to succeed his mother, Queen Victoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof