Prince Charles` record-breaking wait to take throne
London: Prince Charles has entered the record books for spending the longest time as heir apparent to the British throne.
The 62-year-old prince achieved the milestone on Wednesday, by which time he had been next in line 59 years, two months and 14 days.
His mother, Queen Elizabeth, is still in good health as she celebrates her 85th birthday on Thursday, so Charles seems a good bet to extend his record significantly.
Charles overtook King Edward VII for the longest wait. Edward had waited 59 years, two months and 13 days to succeed his mother, Queen Victoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview