Prince Charles says `his sons often pull his leg`
London: Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, has said that his sons -- Prince William and Prince Harry -- often pull his leg for his "green views" on the environment.
In an interview to the `Good Housekeeping` magazine, 63-year-old Charles has said though that his sons William and Harry have inherited his passion for conservation but take the mickey out of him about recycling and the environment.
"They say, `Oh, he`s on again`. But you never quite know with your children, do you? Because, although they may pull your leg all the time, sometimes you find out later they have talked to other people about it," the `Daily Express` quoted Charles as telling the magazine.
Since the early 1980s, Charles has taken a keen interest in environmental issues, taking a leadership role in promoting environmentally sensitive thinking.
Upon his moving into his Highgrove estate, he became increasingly focused on organic farming, an attention that culminated in the 1990 launch of his own organic brand -- Duchy Originals, which now sells 200 different sustainably produced products, from food to garden furniture, the profits from which are donated to The Prince`s Charities.
When asked that if he would need to de-clutter his Gloucestershire mansion if he ever wanted to sell it, Charles responded: "I hate throwing things away. I am always trying to find ways of re-using things.”
"There are bits of this, bits of that everywhere. For example, we`ve had to take curtains down in my bathroom and I was seeing how we could make cushions out of them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read