Prince Charles takes rare ride on London`s subway
London: Royalty means rarely having to mind the gap.
Britain`s Prince Charles took a ride on the London subway today for the first time in a quarter century.
Charles and his wife Camilla joined transit officials and commuters to mark the 150th anniversary of the Underground, the world`s first subway system.
The subway system, which sees 3.5 million journeys a day, is well known for announcements warning passengers to "mind the gap between the train and the platform."
The royal couple travelled one stop, from Farringdon to King`s Cross on the Metropolitan Line, the oldest section of the subway system, opened in 1863.
Charles last travelled by subway in 1986, when he and the late Princess Diana took the Tube to Heathrow Airport to open a new terminal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III