Prince Charles toasts the success of the British Asian Trust
London: Prince Charles hosted a special
dinner here for the British Asian Trust, the newest of the 20
organisations that form his Charities.
Charles used the occasion yesterday to thank celebrity
ambassadors, patrons, corporate partners, friends and
supporters of the Trust, which builds bridges between the
diaspora community and high-impact charitable organisations in
South Asia and the UK.
Well known British Asian celebrities, sports
personalities and the Who`s Who of Asian businessmen,
including film-maker Gurinder Chadha, cricketer Mark
Ramprakash, attended the event.
Well-known chef Atul Kochhar, proprietor of noted
restaurant Benareas and executive chef at Colony in London,
served guests a sample of the unique dining experience that
has made him a household name.
Manoj Badale, Chairman of the British Asian Trust
said: "As Chairman of the Trust, I am pleased to report that
the Trust is on its way to creating a unique platform that
will link the Asian diaspora to grass-root charities in South
Asia and the UK and would like to thank all of our
ambassadors, trustees and supporters for this success."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world