Prince Charles visits hospital, calls royal baby ‘marvellous’
Zee Media Bureau
London: Prince Charles arrived at the hospital in west London on Tuesday to meet his grandson and future prince, the son of new royal parents Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Soon after meeting his grandson, he called the baby ‘marvellous,’ as per a BBC news report.
The visit by Prince of Wales along with Princes of Cornwall came hours after the visit of Kate’s parents - Carole and Michael Middleton.
The Middletons arrived today soon after the birth of couple’s first child, the third in line to the British throne.
After spending over an hour at the hospital, Carole said that her grandson is “absolutely beautiful” and her daughter and Prince William are doing “fabulously,” as per news report.
Both William and Kate had issued a statement earlier thanked the hospital staff for the “tremendous care the three of us have received,” as per news reports
The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery fired a gun salute at London’s Green Park and while Honourable Artillery Company fired a 62-gun salute at Tower of London to mark the birth of the future monarch.
The royal heir was born in the Lindo Wing at St Mary’s Hsopital in Paddington on Monday evening at 4.24 pm and weighed 3.8 kgs.
The royal couple is expected to leave the hospital on late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning.
As the world awaits the first glimpse of the royal baby, it is to be seen whether the Kate and William will adhere to the tradition and give the public the first sight of the baby on the steps as they leave the hospital, like prince Diana did with Prince Williams.
Eventually, the couple with their son will live at Kensington Palace where a new apartment is being refurbished for them.
Meanwhile, the world is awaiting the first glimpse of the royal baby who will be called Prince of Cambridge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak