Prince George keeps us on our toes, says father William
London: Prince William for the first time has spoken about fatherhood, saying that his newborn son keeps him and wife Kate on their toes and nappies are there on his mind even while playing polo.
The new father had his first day out since the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth, to play at a polo match with his brother, Prince Harry.
Prince William, 31, scored a winning goal for his team, but said his mind was not entirely on the match.
"I was in baby mode out there, thinking about nappies, I wasn`t really in the zone," he was quoted by The Telegraph as saying.
As he was presented with a mini polo stick for Prince George he jokingly asked if it was nappies, and said: "I`ve got to pick some up on my way home."
The prince said it was "good to get out of the house" for an afternoon.
He and his wife are understood to be staying with her parents in Bucklebury, Berkshire.
"I`ve got to make sure I`m not too late back," William was quoted by the daily as saying.
And asked about son George, who was born on July 22, he said: "He likes to move around a lot, he wriggles a lot, he keeps us on our toes."
The Audi Polo Challenge is held each year and this year was in aid of charities SkillForce and The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, of which William is patron and president respectively.
Kate attended last year`s match, along with the couple`s puppy Lupo, to support William and Harry, but there was no sign of her yesterday.
On Friday Kensington Palace announced that the birth of the third-in-line to the throne had been formally registered after a registrar from Westminster City Council visited the palace.
William, signed the birth register entry for his son, listing his and wife Kate`s jobs as prince and princess of the United Kingdom.
The RAF search and rescue pilot is currently on paternity leave but is expected to return to work at some point next week.
His next official public engagement will be to visit the Anglesey Show later this month.
An announcement on his future plans is expected within the next fee months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?