Prince George keeps us on our toes, says father William
London: Prince William for the first time has spoken about fatherhood, saying that his newborn son keeps him and wife Kate on their toes and nappies are there on his mind even while playing polo.
The new father had his first day out since the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth, to play at a polo match with his brother, Prince Harry.
Prince William, 31, scored a winning goal for his team, but said his mind was not entirely on the match.
"I was in baby mode out there, thinking about nappies, I wasn`t really in the zone," he was quoted by The Telegraph as saying.
As he was presented with a mini polo stick for Prince George he jokingly asked if it was nappies, and said: "I`ve got to pick some up on my way home."
The prince said it was "good to get out of the house" for an afternoon.
He and his wife are understood to be staying with her parents in Bucklebury, Berkshire.
"I`ve got to make sure I`m not too late back," William was quoted by the daily as saying.
And asked about son George, who was born on July 22, he said: "He likes to move around a lot, he wriggles a lot, he keeps us on our toes."
The Audi Polo Challenge is held each year and this year was in aid of charities SkillForce and The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, of which William is patron and president respectively.
Kate attended last year`s match, along with the couple`s puppy Lupo, to support William and Harry, but there was no sign of her yesterday.
On Friday Kensington Palace announced that the birth of the third-in-line to the throne had been formally registered after a registrar from Westminster City Council visited the palace.
William, signed the birth register entry for his son, listing his and wife Kate`s jobs as prince and princess of the United Kingdom.
The RAF search and rescue pilot is currently on paternity leave but is expected to return to work at some point next week.
His next official public engagement will be to visit the Anglesey Show later this month.
An announcement on his future plans is expected within the next fee months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray