Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton to be Prince George`s godparents?
Washington: Speculations are rife that Prince Harry and Kate Middleton`s sister Pippa Middleton are likely to be given the role of Prince George Alexander Loius` godparents.
Editor-in-chief of Majesty mag, Ingrid Seward, told People magazine that even though uncle Harry and aunt Pippa seem like obvious choices, they are already so closely related to the baby and will be around all the time, that there is no real need to have them as godparents as well.
According to the British betting firm, Ladbrokes, the list of other contenders even includes retired footie ace David Beckham.
However, Seward said that there are no hard and fast rules about the names selected for godparents, but the royal family has never had a celebrity as a godparent.
She added that godparents don`t have to be your best friend and sometimes it can be somebody quite random.
The new royal baby, whose christening is set to take place in the fall, will have six godparents with regard to the royal family tradition that chooses three men and three women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea