Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton to be Prince George`s godparents?
Washington: Speculations are rife that Prince Harry and Kate Middleton`s sister Pippa Middleton are likely to be given the role of Prince George Alexander Loius` godparents.
Editor-in-chief of Majesty mag, Ingrid Seward, told People magazine that even though uncle Harry and aunt Pippa seem like obvious choices, they are already so closely related to the baby and will be around all the time, that there is no real need to have them as godparents as well.
According to the British betting firm, Ladbrokes, the list of other contenders even includes retired footie ace David Beckham.
However, Seward said that there are no hard and fast rules about the names selected for godparents, but the royal family has never had a celebrity as a godparent.
She added that godparents don`t have to be your best friend and sometimes it can be somebody quite random.
The new royal baby, whose christening is set to take place in the fall, will have six godparents with regard to the royal family tradition that chooses three men and three women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional