Prince Harry appoints a right-hand man
London: Prince Harry has appointed a former Army officer, who now works for a public relations firm, as his first private secretary.
Edward Lane Fox, a former captain in the Household Cavalry, has been appointed as Prince Harry`s private secretary.
Fox had met the Prince on military duties before working for RLM Finsbury, a financial communications firm, as a senior associate.
Fox will take up his position in June, shortly after the 28-year-old Prince returns from a US tour which is seen as crucial to repairing his reputation after he was photographed naked in Las Vegas, The Telegraph reported.
Prince Harry was involved in the interview process for the appointment, which completes a staff reshuffle that underlines his growing public duties and those of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Fox, who is believed to be in his mid-30s, joined the Blues and Royals, a cavalry regiment of the British Army, in 2000 and served in Bosnia and Iraq.
He left with the rank of captain in 2006, the year the princes joined the regiment, and became a freelance photographer and journalist before joining Finsbury.
A spokesman for St James`s Palace said Fox and Prince Harry had met on occasion and had both been involved with the Burnaby Blue Foundation, a charity which has worked in Lesotho with the Prince`s charity, Sentebale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi