Prince Harry back in UK, recounts horrors of war
London: Prince Harry, who looked happy to be in England again and joked about his long time away from loved ones and friends, has reflected on the horrors of war.
The 28-year-old royal has been serving in Afghanistan and described some of the tragedy he saw in Helmand Province.
“There’s nothing normal about what’s going on out there. The last day I was there a seven-year-old girl got shot down by insurgents so normality is a very ambiguous thing. I don’t know what normal is any more and I never really have done,” the Mirror quoted him as saying.
“There are three parts of me; one wearing a uniform, one being Prince Harry and the other one which is the private behind closed doors,” he said.
His frank interviews from Camp Bastion made world headlines just days ago, with the prince shrugging off fighting the Taliban, saying “Take a life to save a life.”
But, back on British soil, he toned his comments down and said that for the thousands of guys on operations they were continuing to try and do a job.
He added that they were supporting the Afghan people, we’re supporting the Afghan Army, and that according to him the way things are going are fantastic.
The third in the line of succession arrived at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire before travelling with the rest of 662 Squadron to their Suffolk HQ.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM