Prince Harry not to pursue naked photos complaint
London: Prince Harry, who complained to the Press Complaints Commission (PCC) after his nude photos in Las Vegas were published recently, had decided not to pursue the complaint.
Prince Harry is currently deployed in Afghanistan. A spokeswoman for St James`s Palace said: "Having considered the matter now for a number of weeks, we have decided not to pursue a complaint with the PCC on behalf of Prince Harry in respect of the photos of the Prince taken in Las Vegas".
She added: "We remain of the opinion that a hotel room is a private space where its occupants would have a reasonable expectation of privacy".
Since Prince Harry was "focused entirely on his deployment in Afghanistan", pursuing a complaint relating to his private life "would not be appropriate at this time and would prove to be a distraction", the spokeswoman added.
The photos, first published by a US-based website, were later published in the UK by The Sun tabloid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi to Mumbai in 12 hours! Final trial of Talgo bullet train to start from August 1
- Jared Leto was hesitant about following in Ledger's Joker legacy
- Noted writer and social activist Mahasweta Devi passes away in Kolkata
- Sonia expresses 'anguish', appeals for clam in Valley
- Old e-cigarette device emits more harmful chemicals