Prince Harry not to pursue naked photos complaint
London: Prince Harry, who complained to the Press Complaints Commission (PCC) after his nude photos in Las Vegas were published recently, had decided not to pursue the complaint.
Prince Harry is currently deployed in Afghanistan. A spokeswoman for St James`s Palace said: "Having considered the matter now for a number of weeks, we have decided not to pursue a complaint with the PCC on behalf of Prince Harry in respect of the photos of the Prince taken in Las Vegas".
She added: "We remain of the opinion that a hotel room is a private space where its occupants would have a reasonable expectation of privacy".
Since Prince Harry was "focused entirely on his deployment in Afghanistan", pursuing a complaint relating to his private life "would not be appropriate at this time and would prove to be a distraction", the spokeswoman added.
The photos, first published by a US-based website, were later published in the UK by The Sun tabloid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS