Prince Harry not to pursue naked photos complaint
London: Prince Harry, who complained to the Press Complaints Commission (PCC) after his nude photos in Las Vegas were published recently, had decided not to pursue the complaint.
Prince Harry is currently deployed in Afghanistan. A spokeswoman for St James`s Palace said: "Having considered the matter now for a number of weeks, we have decided not to pursue a complaint with the PCC on behalf of Prince Harry in respect of the photos of the Prince taken in Las Vegas".
She added: "We remain of the opinion that a hotel room is a private space where its occupants would have a reasonable expectation of privacy".
Since Prince Harry was "focused entirely on his deployment in Afghanistan", pursuing a complaint relating to his private life "would not be appropriate at this time and would prove to be a distraction", the spokeswoman added.
The photos, first published by a US-based website, were later published in the UK by The Sun tabloid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site