Prince Harry not to pursue naked photos complaint
London: Prince Harry, who complained to the Press Complaints Commission (PCC) after his nude photos in Las Vegas were published recently, had decided not to pursue the complaint.
Prince Harry is currently deployed in Afghanistan. A spokeswoman for St James`s Palace said: "Having considered the matter now for a number of weeks, we have decided not to pursue a complaint with the PCC on behalf of Prince Harry in respect of the photos of the Prince taken in Las Vegas".
She added: "We remain of the opinion that a hotel room is a private space where its occupants would have a reasonable expectation of privacy".
Since Prince Harry was "focused entirely on his deployment in Afghanistan", pursuing a complaint relating to his private life "would not be appropriate at this time and would prove to be a distraction", the spokeswoman added.
The photos, first published by a US-based website, were later published in the UK by The Sun tabloid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon