Prince Harry `shuns royal treatment’
London: It may not be a royal move, but
Prince Harry shunned his usual VIP treatment and opted to fly
back from Queen`s eldest granddaughter Zara Phillips` wedding
in Scotland with a budget airline, a media report said.
The third-in-line to the British throne is understood
to have ignored more luxurious modes of transport and instead
paid a knock down fare to travel from Scotland with easyJet,
`The Daily Telegraph` reported.
In fact, speculation is there that the 26-year-old
Prince had paid the bargain price of just 16.50 pounds for the
hour-long easyJet flight from Edinburgh to London, the British
Friends of the England rugby captain and Zara`s groom,
Mike Tindall, has described the wedding as "an incredible day"
which was followed by an "amazing party".
Olly Barkley, the England fly-half, tweeted:
"Sweeeeeet weekend and a wedding to tell the kids about. Harry
coming back on easyJet was comfortably the highlight of the
Zara and Mike were married at a relatively low-key
ceremony on Saturday in what was the second royal wedding in
just three months.
The couple exchanged vows at Canongate Kirk on
Edinburgh`s Royal Mile, and the royal party included the Queen
and Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles, and the Duchess of
Cornwall, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
A spokeswoman for easyJet said she did not doubt that
"some of the guests enjoyed an easy and affordable flight"
with the airline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!