Prince Harry `shuns royal treatment’
London: It may not be a royal move, but
Prince Harry shunned his usual VIP treatment and opted to fly
back from Queen`s eldest granddaughter Zara Phillips` wedding
in Scotland with a budget airline, a media report said.
The third-in-line to the British throne is understood
to have ignored more luxurious modes of transport and instead
paid a knock down fare to travel from Scotland with easyJet,
`The Daily Telegraph` reported.
In fact, speculation is there that the 26-year-old
Prince had paid the bargain price of just 16.50 pounds for the
hour-long easyJet flight from Edinburgh to London, the British
Friends of the England rugby captain and Zara`s groom,
Mike Tindall, has described the wedding as "an incredible day"
which was followed by an "amazing party".
Olly Barkley, the England fly-half, tweeted:
"Sweeeeeet weekend and a wedding to tell the kids about. Harry
coming back on easyJet was comfortably the highlight of the
Zara and Mike were married at a relatively low-key
ceremony on Saturday in what was the second royal wedding in
just three months.
The couple exchanged vows at Canongate Kirk on
Edinburgh`s Royal Mile, and the royal party included the Queen
and Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles, and the Duchess of
Cornwall, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
A spokeswoman for easyJet said she did not doubt that
"some of the guests enjoyed an easy and affordable flight"
with the airline.
- NEET 2016: 2nd phase to be held on July 24; Centre and CBSE should start preparations, says Supreme Court
- 12 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists detained as Delhi Police foils major terror plot, seizes explosives
- Spectacular view of the Bahamas from space – See pic!
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Oommen Chandy to meet family, promises help
- Indian Premier League 2016: Gautam Gambhir fined for kicking chair; Virat Kohli for slow over rate