Prince Harry to miss 2012 London Olympics?
London: Prince Harry is likely to miss the Queen`s Diamond Jubilee celebrations and 2012 London Olympics as he may have to return to the frontline in Afghanistan in a year`s time, a media report said.
The 26-year-old third-in-line to the British throne is expected to return to Afghanistan to fight the Taliban within a year after qualifying to fly Apache attack helicopters.
A six-month tour of duty could now easily take preference over national celebrations at home next year, British tabloid the `Daily Express` reported.
A high-ranking source at the Ministry of Defence said: "We need all the Apache helicopter pilots we have. With our commitments in Libya as well as Afghanistan, no applications for leave are set in stone."
He said Harry understood that it was an "occupational hazard".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India