Prince Harry to miss 2012 London Olympics?
London: Prince Harry is likely to miss the Queen`s Diamond Jubilee celebrations and 2012 London Olympics as he may have to return to the frontline in Afghanistan in a year`s time, a media report said.
The 26-year-old third-in-line to the British throne is expected to return to Afghanistan to fight the Taliban within a year after qualifying to fly Apache attack helicopters.
A six-month tour of duty could now easily take preference over national celebrations at home next year, British tabloid the `Daily Express` reported.
A high-ranking source at the Ministry of Defence said: "We need all the Apache helicopter pilots we have. With our commitments in Libya as well as Afghanistan, no applications for leave are set in stone."
He said Harry understood that it was an "occupational hazard".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!