Prince Harry`s girlfriend`s stepfather found dead
London: Prince Harry`s girlfriend Cressida Bonas was said to be in deep mourning on Tuesday after her stepfather Christopher Shaw was found dead at his home.
The father-of-three was reportedly found dead on Friday at his rented house in Salisbury, Wiltshire, by his housekeeper, the Daily Mirror reported.
Police were called to the house but say there are no suspicious circumstances and an autopsy will be carried out in due course.
Wiltshire Police said the coroner was awaiting results of toxicology tests.
Shaw was reportedly suffering from long-term health problems, including a chronic kidney disease.
He was in good spirits after returning from a recent holiday in Cuba but his friends were told that he had only 18 months to live, according to the Mirror.
The 76-year-old former banker married Cressida`s mother, Lady Mary Gaye Curzon, in 1994 and was one of society`s most lavish hosts.
Shaw and Curzon were together for six years, four of them as a married couple.
"Cressida was five when they got together and 11 when it all went wrong so Christopher would have been a strong presence in her childhood life," a friend was quoted as saying by the daily.
Shaw was married first to banker Loel Guiness` niece Liza Gard, then to a Frenchwoman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards